Named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Corporate Citizens, Dominion Energy gives generously to the communities in which we operate, annually awarding about $20 million in four focus areas:
- Human needs grants that support increased food security, housing and shelter, and access to basic medical and health care.
- Environmental stewardship grants to protect natural resources and help non-profit organizations make efficient use of energy.
- Education grants to develop the capacity of the future workforce, especially in STEM and energy fields.
- Community vitality grants to foster an appreciation of diversity, revitalize neighborhoods and ensure a vibrant community life through support of cultural endeavors.
And while we give year-round to support worthy causes, during the holidays our company marks the season by providing more than $1 million in grants to help feed, shelter and care for people across communities where the we operate. Donations are shared by 140 non-profit organizations that provide critical community services in 13 states. For example, South Carolina grant recipient One SC Fund is able to better serve those recovering from environmental disasters thanks to donations from Dominion Energy.
In partnering with SCANA, Dominion Energy would not only maintain the utility’s philanthropic efforts in South Carolina but would increase that charitable giving by an additional $1 million a year for at least five years. Military and Veteran Support
Dominion Energy is highly committed to our armed forces. We’re proud to have active duty military and veterans on our team. The unique skills and experience they bring to Dominion Energy align with our core values of safety, excellence, ethics and One Dominion Energy.
That’s why at Dominion Energy, one out of every five new hires is a veteran. We also offer support programs for our veterans, including:
- 100 percent salary differential for up to 5 years for deployed military employees.
- Benefits to cover deployed reservists and their dependents.
- Paid time off for Guard and Reserve duty on top of vacation and sick leave.
- $5,000 Student Veteran Scholarship Award recognizing five interns/co-ops for their military service.
- Dominion Energy Veterans Network, an employee resource group.
In 2017, we gave more than a half million dollars to 11 nonprofit organizations providing essential support services to active duty, veterans and military families in seven states served by the company. These initiatives and programs earned us first place in the "Best for Vets" Award, Energy Sector awarded by Military Times. Learn more about our commitment to military and veterans.
From traveling to Puerto Rico to help restore power to building homes in our own neighborhoods, our employees have a proud history of volunteerism that reaches back to 1918. Today’s employees continue to embody that spirit – a longstanding tradition of community service that few companies can match. Dominion Energy has had a formal volunteer program for more than three decades. In 2017, employee volunteer community service totaled more than 124,000 hours.
In South Carolina, we have already made a difference in communities. In 2015, Dominion Energy Carolina Gas Transmission employees volunteered with the Palmetto Conservation Foundation, building bridges, adding signage and doing trail cleanup. We also host an Energizing Our Communities volunteer day, where employees make a difference in parks, schools and more. A new partnership would mean a major increase in Dominion Energy’s volunteer impact on South Carolina.